We provide the following services for all the families we serve: Arrange for transfer of deceased from the place of death and prepare the deceased in accordance with the family wishes, obtain a signed death certificate from the attending doctor, gather vital statistics and personal information required to complete the death certificate and prepare death notices and obituaries, notify the social security administration, coordinate arrangements with churches, clergy, cemetery or crematory, florists, newspapers and file the death certificate with the local registrar. We also will assist with Veteran’s Administration claims and will assist in processing of insurance claims. We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year to answer any questions and attend to every detail of each service we arrange. At Spear-Mulqueeny Funeral Homes, you will never have an answering machine or answering service take your call. Our staff personally answers our telephones at all times.
- Twenty-four hour availability of staff.
- Accommodating to all religious faiths.
- Professional, personalized, affordable service.
- All of our funeral directors are fully licensed and experienced in all aspects of funeral service and are compassionate, dedicated and caring people.
- Transfer service to locations around the country or world.
- Assistance with Veterans death benefits, social security death benefits, life insurance processing, etc.
- Complete, full-service funeral home, providing a selection of diversified funeral, cremation and alternative service options.
- Complete line of quality, affordable merchandise including caskets, vaults, cremation urns, flowers, memorials, keepsakes, prayer, mass and acknowledgment cards, etc.
- Funeral Prearrangement and Planning
The National Funeral Directors average cost of an adult funeral is in excess of $5,000.
Complete Full-Service Traditional Funerals from $2,950 including:
- Basic services of funeral director and staff
- Other Preparation
- Use of facilities, staff and equipment for funeral ceremony and visitation or viewing
- Automotive equipment
- Transfer of deceased to funeral home
- Casket coach to place of disposition
- Memory table and/or picture board, and local flower delivery
Cremation dates back to ancient times and is a common form of final disposition among a great many people. If you are considering cremation, you need to know about the many options available to you through Spear-Mulqueeny Funeral Home. When making cremation arrangements, keep in mind, you have unlimited options for memorialization. The most important thing is to create a farewell event that is meaningful and satisfying to you and others who will participate. Remember, there is no "standard" cremation arrangement. We have the experience to assist you in developing a customized cremation service that is "just right" for you and your family.
Variety of Options/Services
Many people believe that choosing cremation means limiting your options. This is not the case. There are many services and merchandise options available to you. Most families choose to hold services, which help the bereaved cope with the loss of a loved one. Services or ceremonies can precede or follow the actual cremation. Prior to cremation, there may be a gathering, which may be either public or private, with an open or closed casket. When the service follows the cremation, a receptacle (or urn) containing the cremated remains may take a place of prominence. Following the ceremony, the final disposition of the cremated remains takes place. Cremation offers families choices for final disposition of the cremated remains, and with cremation, you have the opportunity to select from a wide array of caskets, urns and keepsake memorials.
Funeral arrangements are personal and special for each family. Simply let us know of your personal preferences and wishes regarding the funeral service by visiting with us or by completing our online pre-arrangements form.
At the time of an actual funeral, most decisions need to be made within a few hours. But by preplanning the funeral, you can take your time to make the decisions in an unhurried and thoughtful way. You will relieve your family of the burden and it offers you the opportunity to let your family know your wishes.
For the same reasons you write a will, make retirement plans or buy life insurance, people feel that it is a good idea to plan for the future and make their funeral plans. You can select the type of service you would like and how much you would like to spend. By paying for the service ahead of time you can be assured the funds will be there at the time of the funeral.
We encourage you to discuss with your family the decisions that are important to you. Then, share those decisions with us at Spear-Mulqueeny Funeral Home.
When Death Occurs Away From Home
When death occurs in a place far away from where you’d like to have services conducted, the problems might seem insurmountable. Please be assured that with one phone call to Spear-Mulqueeny Funeral Homes, we will remove much of the burden from you. Through our affiliation with many funeral homes throughout the United States and abroad, we will arrange to have your loved one returned to this area so that funeral services may be arranged.
- Caskets—Caskets are used when families request viewing of the deceased. They come in a wide variety of styles and colors. Primarily, caskets are made of two types of material, wood or metal. We offer each in an affordable price range for all families. If you are interested in browsing the Aurora Casket Company’s line of caskets, please visit their website.
- Vaults—We provide quality concrete protective burial vaults. Vaults are a requirement of the cemetery to hold the integrity of the grave. Vaults should not be confused with concrete grave liners often sold by cemeteries. We offer a wide variety of each in an affordable price range for all families. If you are interested in browsing the Wilbert Vault Company’s line of products, please go to their website.
- Urns—Urns are purchased in conjunction with cremation services. They may not be required but are often purchased as a unit to hold the cremated remains. We offer a wide variety of quality urns to choose from in various materials and affordable price ranges for all families. If you are interested in browsing the Aurora Casket Company’s line of urns, please go to their website.